In preparation for the test, I recommend that you create your own set of flash cards using index cards. On one side, write the process or term and then on the opposite side, write the description.
I recommend that your “deck” should include the following:
- One for each of the 5 process groups
- One for each of the 10 knowledge areas
- One for each of the 47 processes (the detail information should provide a description and should also indicate the Process Group and Knowledge Area. Additionally, you should note key inputs and outputs).
- One card for every tool and technique listed (many are repeated)
- One card for every unique “output” – specifically documents that are outputs of processes.
- One card for every “new” term you come across.
These are my “flash cards” for the 5 process groups. Please note that these are my words – I encourage you to come up with your own words:
Initiating Process Group
The processes required to initiate a project or a phase of a project.
Planning Process Group
The processes required to develop the project performance baselines and supporting plans.
Executing Process Group
The processes used to execute the project plan.
Monitoring and Controlling Process Group
The processes required to monitor project performance and to make adjustments as required.
Closing Process Group
The processes required to close out a project or a phase of a project.